St Michael’s PE and Sports Premium Funding 2021-22
St Michael’s PE and Sports Premium Funding 2020-21
St Michael’s PE and Sports Premium Funding 2019-20
St Michael’s PE and Sports Premium Funding 2018-19
St Michael’s PE and Sports premium funding 2017-18
St Michael’s PE and Sports Premium Funding 2016-17
Sports Premium Funding 2014-15
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
For the period 2014-15 the school has received funding of £6000. The money will be spent in the following ways:
- Purchasing new gym equipment. As we have a new hall and anticipate an increase in pupil numbers from September 2015, new equipment is being purchased to provide for this need.
- To provide a venue for sporting activities during the building of our new hall.
- Funding for a specialist teacher to deliver initiatives through the Dorking School Partnership. This year we plan to deliver playground training to our lunchtime supervisors and develop our gymnastics teaching and assessment in line with the new National Curriculum.
- To provide greater sporting opportunities for pupils to participate in after school clubs. New clubs are planned for the Summer Term including multi-skills and dance. We will particularly monitor inactive or vulnerable children and encourage their participation.
- To provide opportunities for children to participate in competitive sports through intra-school competitions and inter-school competitions.
The impact of this spending will be:
- Children will have access to appropriate and challenging gym equipment.
- Children will be more active and participate in after school sports.
- Staff will provide challenging and exciting provision for our children.